How Do I Fix An Error With My Credit Report?

It is estimated that about 3 out of 4 credit reports contain some sort of inaccurate information on them.  The first step to take is to become informed whether there is an error on your credit report.  You can do this by getting a copy of your credit report and reviewing it.  In order to get a free credit report, you may go to or call 877-322-8228.  You have access to one free credit report per year from each of the three credit bureaus.  So the best way to request your credit report is to request one from a different credit bureau every 3-4 months.

If you learn that your credit report contains information that is inaccurate, The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you to challenge any information which you believe to be inaccurate.  If the information is not verified within a certain amount of time, the Act requires it to be automatically removed.  You have to report inaccuracies with each of the credit bureaus individually.


About Jake

Counselor to the weary. Purveyor of humor. Hover-hand extraordinaire.
This entry was posted in Misc., Online Resources and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to How Do I Fix An Error With My Credit Report?

  1. Good article and advice! Another rescource with several detailed articles on credit repair is like the above article they tell it like it is and dont try to sell you anything but do have links to other rescources. I restored my credit and you can too!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s